The 34 Annual Maryland Renaissance Festival runs on weekends from August: 28 – October 24, 2010. While it is fun to go anytime, the weekend of September 25-26, 2010 is Pirate Adventure Weekend.
Bring the whole family to the mythical village of Revel Grove (Nestled in the enchanted woods of Crownsville, Maryland). There is something for everyone at the Renn Fest: music, magic, art, crafts, games, comedy, tragedy, jousting, food, drink, theatrics, characters of all sorts, and most especially one weekend each year… pirates.
My son has been to the Renaissance Festival every year of his life and has found something new to be mesmerized by every year. The entertainment, whether stage or roaming, is top notch. My wife will not miss a performance of Shakespeare’s Skum. My son has to see the magic shows. I can’t resist throwing an ax or two.
As spectacle, the festival is worth the price of admission, but there is so much more to do and it really can’t all be accomplished in a day. Grab a schedule as you walk through the gates and plan your adventure. You won’t necessarily be able to stick to your plan, but you will have a much better chance of catching the events that mean the most to you.
Some warnings and advice:
- Get there early it will take some time to park your car and buy tickets.
- The venue is completely outdoors and the festival is rain or shine. There are no refunds for bad weather.
- The grounds are entirely dirt, grass, and mulch. Don’t bother with a stroller unless it is one of those off-road types.
- Don’t be afraid to dress up the youngsters or yourself. Getting into character is half the fun and you certainly won’t stand out.
- Leave your real or costume weapons at home. We don’t want any trouble. 😉
For more information: Maryland Renaissance Festival – Special Event Days